OilFlow2D is a unique software able to realisticaly simulate overland oil spills using flexible meshes
OilFlow2D simulates oil spills over land originating from pipeline or tank breaks. The model offers the fastest and most advanced finite-volume viscous flow free-surface 2D engine based on unstructured flexible meshes to handle oil flow over complex terrain, accounting for the variation in viscosity and density as a funcion of temperature.
We are working to extend OilFlow2D has capabilities to simulate oil spills over water. This upgrade will be fully integrated with the overland spill component and is planned to be released early 2016.
The OilFlow2D model is integrated with Aquaveo’ SMS GUI that provides all the tools necessary to setup the model on the most demanding sites, and includes outstanding visualization and dynamic animation capabilities to facilitate oil spill risk assessments.
What can you simulate with OilFlow2D?
- Determining oil spill extent
- Time at which sensitive areas would be impacted after a spill
- Oil depth and affected area as a function of time
- Risk assessments of pipeline oil spills
- Detailed evaluation of flooding from oil tank breaks
Why choosing OilFlow2D?
- Only flexible mesh overland oil spills model more realistic simulations
- Provides faster solutions
- Allows simulating multiple simultaneous spills
- Works with any oil
- Account for dynamic oil property variations as a function of temperature
- Comprehensive mesh generation GUI using SMS
- Import virtually any terrain elevations
- Output animations and 3D graphics including Google Earth
- Zero Volume Conservation Error
- Free online training and technical support