RiverFlow2D Flood Simulation (FS) for Autodesk InfraWorks 360 is a new technology that matches the simplicity of two-dimensional (2D) flood simulations together with an immersive 3D model. As collaborative effort between Autodesk and Hydronia, the InfraWorks 360 user gets ability to simulate, visualize, and animate 2D flood events directly in the Autodesk InfraWorks 360 model environment while utilizing the Hydronia RiverFlow2D state-of-the-art computation model. With Flood Simulation for Infraworks 360, you can quickly setup and perform practical riverine and coastal flood simulations to address preliminary flood risk assessments in urbanized floodplains and coastal areas.
- Create Simulation Area and Model Flow and Outflow
- Automatic creation of Simplified Surface Mesh
- Establish a uniform or specially varied Manning's n values for the model
- Determine the simulation time and increment
- Utilize the Hydronia RiverFlow2D model to perform the simulations
- Animate the resulting flood surface by water elevation, depth and velocity
- Export your model data for more detailed hydraulic analyses using RiverFlow2D model.
Read the new article about The Oroville Dam Crisis by Erik Chapell 2/24/2017.